Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am now a Certified CDPE Professional

Certified CDPE Professional

I have recently earned the new and prestigious designation of Certified Distressed Property Expert (known as CDPE for short).   I have completed extensive training in foreclosure avoidance, with a particular emphasis on short sales.  At a time when millions of American homeowners are struggling with the possibility of foreclosure, the skills and education I have obtained will benefit area residents and communities.

A short sale allows the distressed homeowner to repay their mortgage at the price that the home sells for, even if it is sold for less than what is owed on the property.  As we all know and likely have felt, home values are dropping.  Short sales can save people from the negative impacts of foreclosure and even bankruptcy in some cases.  We are finding that more and more lenders are willing to consider short sales as an alternative to foreclosures as they are much less costly for everyone involved.

The CDPE designation is invaluable as it allows me to work with homeowners and lenders to navigate through complicated short sales.

In my next 4 posts I will compare and contrast the difference between short sales and foreclosures.

No comments:

Post a Comment